Leadership is the ability of a person to lead a group of people to achieve a given task, Leadership is an inspiration for the people, and those people are leaders who inspire others. Leaders are present around us, we can see them in every day life, when some one among them attain the level where he can demonstrate and exercise his ability for the common purpose, they excel and then we recognize them as a leader
Mohammad (peace be upon him) is the greatest leader of world, in the history of mankind there is no other person who can reach to his level or status. He is model for all humanity, how to lead the people, if we read all the modern books about leadership today, we will see the qualities of Mohammad (peace be upon him) in these books.
Here is a list of skill which is necessary for a leader.
1. Inspired people: Leader inspires others by his actions and character.
2. Educational Vision: leader has a clear vision for the institution future goals and a clear plan for achieving those goals.
3. Management Skills: Improving institutional effectiveness by initiating change in
Procedures and organizational goals
4. Agent of Change: leader is the agent of change. He brings new changes to institution and always welcome to new change.
5. Open-minded: Leaders always accept new ideas and suggestions despite his view.
6. Acceptability: Leader is the person who is acceptable to all.
7. Diagnostic skills: Diagnose the problem and bring solution to the problem.
8. Decision making: A leader should have the ability to decide. What to do, why and when to do. Quick decision making is an essential skill of a leader
9. Communication skills: communication skill is the most important skill of a leader, with communication he builds good relation with staff, students and community members.
10. Planning skills. Planning skill help leader to organise activities in school e.g. teaching activities, co-curricular activities, administrative activities and education organization need from time to time.
11. Sharing Leadership: sharing responsibilities with teaching staff and develop them for the role of leadership
12. Dynamic: leader is dynamic and ready to lead any time when ever he needed.
13. Man of words: leader is the man of words and it gives trust to his follower that he will do what he said.
14. Innovative: leader is Innovator in nature and he Support new change and take vital steps to complete a project.
15. Team Builder: Focuses activities toward increasing the effectiveness of the staff members.
16. Know the Talent: He knows the skill of people with whom he is working and gives them responsibilities according to their skill.
17. Humble: Down to earth and respect his staff members.
18. Coach: Leader is like a good guide and trainer for his staff members.
19. Community Building: As the role of the educational leader widens, so does the need for these leaders to build a network of relationships inside and outside the school. The community are consists of school, teachers, students, parents and other members of the community. It is the duty of a leader to bring them together.
20. Sphere of Influence / area of concern: the leader knows about his shortcoming and speciality.
21. Embrace error: leader accepts failure and don’t blame others.
1.6, a. f., respectively), 2., & between, (. t. (n.d.). ANALYTIC HIERARCHY ANALYSIS OF LEADERSHIP SKILLS IN EDUCATION AS RATED BY SELECTED EDUCATION, COMMUNITY, AND BUSINESS MEMBERS IN. Google. Retrieved May 23, 2011, from http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:FLdQZ77hBMcJ:purl.fcla.edu/fcla/etd/WFE0000047+top+20+educational+leadership+skills&cd=8&hl=en&ct=clnk&client=firefox-a&source=www.google.com